Pages

Monday, August 10, 2009

Motherhood Monday!

Every Monday I am going to try and post some thoughts or reflections on motherhood/homemaking. I hope you will enjoy what I have to say. So to kick it off I thought I would share a book with you that had a huge impact on me. About a year ago I read the book A Mother's Rule of Life by Holly Pierlot. Basically this book examines the parallels between family life and convent life. The book provides a framework for a person to develop a schedule for family life that incorporates the priorities of prayer, person (your personal needs), partner (your relationship with your spouse), parent (your relationship with your children) and provider (tasks of homemaking). I have used the ideas and suggestions in this book to develop a schedule for my own family. This schedule has been incredibly helpful in helping me maintain balance and peace in my life and home. It keeps me organized and on task. It also helps me to be more relaxed. (If that is even possible.) I am going to attach the schedule that I created for the last year. Since, the move I have been loosely following this schedule. Obviously many things have changed, so I am in the process of developing a new one for our family. I will be sure to post the current one when it is finished, but I wanted you to see an example of what I was talking about.

Click here for my schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment