Pages

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Dinner Guests

I really enjoy cooking and baking. I guess you could say it is what I do to unwind and relax. So it is probably no surprise to you that I enjoy entertaining in our home and inviting people to share a family meal with us. I always want people to feel welcome and relaxed in our home. And of course, I want them to leave happy and with a full stomach.

Tonight we are having a special guest join us for dinner...our parish priest. We are all very excited to share a meal with him, especially Isaac who lately has become obsessed with priests! I have decided to make one of our family's favorite meals tonight to share with Father Tyler. So here is what is on tonight's menu:

Homemade Lasagna
Salad
Green Beans

Homemade Sourdough Bread
(I always keep starter for this in the refrigerator. I usually make at least one loaf a week.)
Tiramisu (This is a super easy recipe and makes a nice light dessert. I will post the recipe below.)


Coffee-scented Tiramisu
(Taken from Family Circle)
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, at room temperature
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup coffee liqueur, such as Kahlua
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup heavy whipping cream
24 ladyfinger cookies
1 cup strong brewed coffee
2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar

1. Beat cream cheese, sugar, coffee liqueur and vanilla in medium-sized bowl for 3-4 minutes or until light and creamy.

2. Whip cream to firm peaks. Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture.

3. Arrange half of the ladyfingers in a dish. (I use a 9x9 pan.) Drizzle with half the coffee. Top with half the cream-cheese mixture, spreading smooth. Sprinkle with half the cocoa. Arrange the remaining ladyfingers over cocoa. Drizzle with remaining coffee. Top with remaining cream-cheese mixture, smoothing top. Sprinkle with remaining cocoa.

4. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours, or preferably overnight. Dust with confectioners' sugar before serving.



(Isaac helping in the Kitchen.)








No comments:

Post a Comment