Pages

Friday, August 14, 2009

Happy Feast Day Isaac Maximilian!



This week has been full of special days, and today we are celebrating the feast day of St. Maximilian Kolbe! St. Maximilian Kolbe was a martyr during World War II. He chose to die in Auschwitz in the place of a man with a wife and children. When I was 10 I actually had the privledge of meeting the man who Saint Maximilian Kolbe saved. He came to my home parish, named after St. Maximilian, to share the story. It was an AMAZING experience that I will never forget, and I am so glad that I can share that story with my children.

To celebrate both Isaac and Clare's feast days we our going to The Wonder Place today. It is basically a kids play place full of fun and exciting things. They just so happen to offering admission for $3 today, so I thought it would be a special treat. We also are going to get to have a special lunch with Daddy today at McDonalds. And of course, Isaac will be choosing tonight's dinner menu! So in honor of his special day we will be eating his favorite food...Lasagna!

St. Maximilian Kolbe, pray for Isaac!



No comments:

Post a Comment