Pages

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A Constant Prayer

Isn't it amazing how the one thing we need to do most in our day, so often gets forgotten or rushed through? I find that my most peaceful, relaxed and just good days are the days that I make prayer a priority. Here is a beautiful prayer I came across, that I think is a perfect way to start a day!

"I love You, O my God, and my only desire is to love You until the last breath of my life. I love You, O my infinitely lovable God, and I would rather die loving You, than live without loving You. I love You, Lord and the only grace I ask is to love You eternally...My God, if my tongue cannot say in every moment that I love You, I want my heart to repeat it to You as often as I draw breath."

~St. John Vianney, The Cure d' Ars

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I just read that prayer the other day in one of my prayer books! I thought it was fabulous, too!

    ReplyDelete