Pages

Friday, September 18, 2009

Frugal Fridays!

Have you checked out your local library? It is a wonderful resource regardless of your state in life. I love reading, and we would be absolutely broke if I didn't utilize our library. I love going to just browse through the selection when I need some alone time! Libraries also usually have an abundant selection of DVDs and tapes that you can check out for at least a week. I have been able to find some recent movies as well as timeless classics that I have been wanting to watch.

Besides fulfilling my love of literature, the library also provides an excellent, and free, learning opportunity for my children! We love the programs the available for our children! Every Friday I take my kids to an interactive story hour where they listen to stories, sing songs, play games, and complete crafts. Not only are they learning, but they are interacting with other kids their age, and I get to interact with other people my age! This is something we all enjoy going to each week. Our library also offers special programs throughout the year to supplement their already wonderful story hours. Some extra events are a teddy bear parade, fall fun carnival, movies and munchies, and visits with Santa!

So what are you waiting for, check out your local library today, and don't forget to thank the people who work so hard to make the library such a wonderful place!

No comments:

Post a Comment