Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

La Cloche

There is nothing quite like the smell of hot bread cooking in the oven on a cold winter day. Lucky for me I absolutely love bread-making! My best friend makes the most delicious bread, and I have been wanting to make it for a couple years now, but lacked the necessary equipment. However, for Christmas, my mom bought me a La Cloche. A La Cloche is basically a cooking bell. It is made of natural stoneware and produces a moist bread with a crispy crust. Delicious!

Yesterday I finally made the bread I have been waiting for, and it was just as good as I imagined it!

The La Cloche

Step 1: Let dough rise 12-18 hours

Step 2: Shape dough, place in a covered plastic container coated with cornmeal, and let rise another 2 hours

Step 3: Transfer dough to La Cloche and Bake!

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment